NBCSN

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
CarolH

NBCSN

Post by CarolH »

Just wondering if any of our Canadian TV broadcasters/companies carry the NBC SN (Sportsnet stations) on any
of the many sports stations.? I can't find anything like that with my BELL FIBE stations in Ontario.
Carol
Elizabeth

Re: NBCSN

Post by Elizabeth »

CarolH wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:48 pm Just wondering if any of our Canadian TV broadcasters/companies carry the NBC SN (Sportsnet stations) on any
of the many sports stations.? I can't find anything like that with my BELL FIBE stations in Ontario.
Carol
No, Carol, as I've posted elsewhere (in the US Nationals thread) this is a cable network that, to the best of my knowledge, is only available in the USA. We are only able to access the main NBC network which will show a part of the US Nationals.

Interestingly, I read today that there has been an arrangement made with a Japanese network to show the US championships there - another measure of the popularity of the sport in that country!
kittykins

Re: NBCSN

Post by kittykins »

Elizabeth wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:09 pm
CarolH wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:48 pm Just wondering if any of our Canadian TV broadcasters/companies carry the NBC SN (Sportsnet stations) on any
Carol
Interestingly, I read today that there has been an arrangement made with a Japanese network to show the US championships there - another measure of the popularity of the sport in that country!
Yes Carol it's really too bad we can't access that channel...no fair! :(

Thanks for the information Elizabeth. I wondered if it would be shown in Japan as it's happened in the (distant?) past as well. It's one of the most miraculous things in the 20th century that the people in Japan and the USA became friends. Many Japanese people are very much interested in our North American societies and visa versa of course!

Ok, here is the Japanese Coverage: https://www.youtube.com/user/MaidanUkra ... +Nationals
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)