It's official - Duhamel & Radford retire from competitive skating

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
Elizabeth

It's official - Duhamel & Radford retire from competitive skating

Post by Elizabeth »

Press release from Skate Canada: https://skatecanada.ca/2018/04/pair-cha ... e-skating/
β€œMeagan and Eric have been leaders worldwide in the pair discipline as they pushed the technical boundaries, which made them one of the best pairs in the world and an inspiration to future pair teams,” said Mike Slipchuk, High Performance Director, Skate Canada. β€œTheir passion for the sport and accomplishments are evidence of their hard work and dedicated work ethic, always striving to be the best. We thank them for letting us enjoy this amazing journey with them.”
Read more at the link above, including comments on their future plans.

As Tweeted by Skate Canada:
3-time Olympic medallists πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰
2-time World Champions πŸ₯‡ πŸ₯‡
1-time ISU Grand Prix Final Champions πŸ₯‡
7-time Canadian πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ Champions πŸ₯‡ πŸ₯‡ πŸ₯‡ πŸ₯‡ πŸ₯‡ πŸ₯‡ πŸ₯‡
One legendary career.
fred

Re: It's official - Duhamel & Radford retire from competitive skating

Post by fred »

Two very wonderful people; no doubt about it. I'll miss seeing them in competition. I hope there may be other opportunities.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Meagan on her career (to date), her "retirement", and her to do list: http://www.lutzofgreens.com/retirement/
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

Still a determined young lady, I am sure she will accomplish many feats listed on her to do list. I also like some of her recipes. :D
fred

Post by fred »

Yes, she's vegan, bless her heart, and those are very healthy recipes, I expect. It has made her my favourite skater of recent years. She's a gentle yet strong soul.