2018 Nationals have tickets & Hotel packages on sale now at Skate Canada

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
fred

2018 Nationals have tickets & Hotel packages on sale now at Skate Canada

Post by fred »

"Hotel and Ticket Packages - 2018 Canadian Tire National Skating Championships

Skate Canada has partnered with CTMS Travel to offer hotel and All-Event ticket packages. The VIP packages include some of the best seats in the house, transfers and special gifts. There are two levels of packages and details can be found here.

Single session tickets will go on-sale on Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 10 am PT. Sign up here to register for the pre-sale beginning Monday, November 6, 2017 at 10 am PT. All-Event tickets will no longer be available once single session tickets go on sale.
BUY YOUR HOTEL AND TICKET PACKAGE NOW

Visit skatecanada.ca for further event details.

To receive notification of single session ticket on-sale for the 2018 Canadian Tire National Skating Championships, please register here."

That's what was in the email.
Elizabeth

Re: 2018 Nationals have tickets & Hotel packages on sale now at Skate Canada

Post by Elizabeth »

I got the same e-mail from Skate Canada, Fred, but I already made my arrangements some time ago :)
fred

Post by fred »

Oh good. I'm stuck in N.S. with my cat. I don't think he's a skating fan. :D
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

fred wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:06 pm Oh good. I'm stuck in N.S. with my cat. I don't think he's a skating fan. :D
My >^.,.^< likes to be close to me, even if that means he has to put up with me watching skating on the laptop or on the TV :lol:
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

OK, I may take the plunge and try to get to the Nationals in Vancouver. Here are my questions for Elizabeth:

1) Is there a company where I can book the complete package, i.e. Hotel, transfers, and all event tickets?

2) Ticketmaster has tickets for these seats (in Blue), what is the best area for watching, and what row?

Thank you, thank you....
tickets.JPG
http://www.fredwilliams.ca/skate/downlo ... =view&id=1

I hope one or the other link/picture will show up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

I travel with UniWorld and they do the full package, including transfers to the arena but the transfers are only available for the senior events. Check their information here: http://www.uniworldtravel.com/figure-skating.html You can download the "brochure".

Angela who leads the tours is presently in Regina with a large group.

If I'm buying my own tickets, I usually go for those at the end of the ice with a full view of the length of the ice (eg. 109/110) without the need to turn your head/look around or past someone else. My second choice would be a corner. Many people prefer to be on the side, however.

I'm usually happy a few rows up from the ice - perhaps 4 to 6 - but I think this is a fairly small arena so it probably doesn't matter a lot.

Hope that helps - now back to watching the ladies short programs from Regina!
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

Thank you, Elizabeth. Will see whether I can get a good package on Monday. Doe these packages include the Gala?
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

happyheini wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:15 pm Thank you, Elizabeth. Will see whether I can get a good package on Monday. Doe these packages include the Gala?
Yes - if you download the brochure it should make that clear - it's an all-event ticket that means you can attend the novice and junior events (open seating) and the senior events plus the gala. The "senior" packages include the hotel and the transfers. All the pricing information is in the brochure.

There is also a registration form to download.

Angela will be back in the office on Wednesday but I believe there may be someone else you could speak to if it's urgent.
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

I am so excited! I just booked my package for the 2018 Nationals in Vancouver. I hope I will be able meet up with you, Elizabeth and with anyone else from this forum. I will need all the help I can get for my first major competition attendance. :P :P :P
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

happyheini wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:28 pm I am so excited! I just booked my package for the 2018 Nationals in Vancouver. I hope I will be able meet up with you, Elizabeth and with anyone else from this forum. I will need all the help I can get for my first major competition attendance. :P :P :P
If you are with the UniWorld group we should be at the same hotel :) Are you just there for the senior events? I'll look forward to meeting you :)